Mexican Spinach Dip
Recipe Type: Appetiser
- 1 cup onion, chopped small
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) stewed Mexican tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups. shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Saute onion in vegetable oil.
- Combine all the ingredients thoroughly, and pour into 10″ deep dish pie plate, and bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Lynn used Del Monte petite diced tomatoes with zesty jalapenos, and about 3 drops of Louisiana hot sauce in her dip. This dish can be baked ahead and warmed up in the microwave.